For those, who has attended Robot Framework workshop on Test Crunch conference you can find more details about environment setup, source codes and books below.
Installing Robot Framework on your computer
- Download and install Python 2.7 (32/64 bit based on your OS) from https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Add Python location into Path environment variable (e.g. c:\Python27\;c:\Python27\Scripts\)
- Download and install wxPython 2.8 with unicode support (32/64 bit based on Python version) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/wxpython/files/wxPython/188.8.131.52/
- Install pip (package manager) by opening command line and running command python get-pip.py
- Open command line and run following commands to install Robot framework and additional libraries
pip install robotframework
pip install robotframework-ride
pip install robotframework-selenium2library
- Start RIDE by running ride.py in command line
Workshop source code
Books and other study materials
- Dive into Python from Mark Pilgrim http://www.diveintopython.net/
- Dive into Python 3 from Mark Pilgrim http://www.diveintopython3.net/
Recording from workshop will be available soon.
Stay tuned and enjoy Robot Framework.